Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: repeating of ThermalZone ThermalZone ThermalZone ThermalZone

Open studio is not a finished toolset, you may wish to use it only for geometry only.

Below is a workflow that should allow you to create your model.

First, draw out your geomitry in sketchup/openstudio never saving only as open studio .OSM format and not as sketchup .SKP format, then export as IDF.

In the IDF editor and name your spaces, save as new filename.

Import your new IDF into open studio and open the "inspector" feature.

With the inspector check your model space names vs your IDF, if needed update your space names in Open studio.

Produce final geometry model from Open Studio in .IDF format.

Use IDF editor to create zones from your spaces, copy paste HVAC templates to each zone.

Keep in IDF format for further revision in IDF editor.

Jeremiah D. Crossett
CleanTech Analytics
503-688-8951
www.cleantechanalytics.com

This document may contain valuable information proprietary to CleanTech Analytics which is private and confidential. It may not be shared, copied, stored or transmitted in any form without the prior written consent of CleanTech Analytics