[EnergyPlus_Support] base surfaces not surrounding subsurfaces

Hello,

I have some questions about the base surface/subsurface checks that
EnergyPlus does. I am running a file that is causing EnergyPlus to emit
a number of warnings such as the following:

    ** Warning ** Base surface does not surround subsurface (CHKSBS),
Overlap Status=No-Overlap
    **   ~~~   **   The base surround errors occurred 1 times.
    **   ~~~   ** Surface "23MOKFWDHBQPZTLW_UTH2C" misses SubSurface
"35HJWEAZV5JBDTHJ9GX2FE"

Here are the definitions for those two objects:

   BuildingSurface:Detailed,
     23MokFwDHBQPztlW_uTh2C,  !- Name
     Wall,                    !- Surface Type
     Lightweight Concrete (0.305),  !- Construction Name
     2ovrstChnFOPqUxPukQgTH,  !- Zone Name
     Outdoors,                !- Outside Boundary Condition
     ,                        !- Outside Boundary Condition Object
     SunExposed,              !- Sun Exposure
     WindExposed,             !- Wind Exposure
     Autocalculate,           !- View Factor to Ground
     Autocalculate,           !- Number of Vertices
     -7.14,49.056,3.2,  !- X,Y,Z ==> Vertex 1 {m}
     5.613,49.056,3.2,  !- X,Y,Z ==> Vertex 2 {m}
     5.613,49.056,0,  !- X,Y,Z ==> Vertex 3 {m}
     -7.14,49.056,0;  !- X,Y,Z ==> Vertex 4 {m}

   FenestrationSurface:Detailed,
     35hJWEaZv5JBDthj9GX2FE,  !- Name
     Door,                    !- Surface Type
     generic door material,   !- Construction Name
     23MokFwDHBQPztlW_uTh2C,  !- Building Surface Name
     1MqeXrB4932AEy8p8y6InH,  !- Outside Boundary Condition Object
     Autocalculate,           !- View Factor to Ground
     ,                        !- Shading Control Name
     ,                        !- Frame and Divider Name
     1,                       !- Multiplier
     Autocalculate,           !- Number of Vertices
     -6.248,49.056,2.1,  !- X,Y,Z ==> Vertex 1 {m}
     -4.978,49.056,2.1,  !- X,Y,Z ==> Vertex 2 {m}
     -4.978,49.056,0,  !- X,Y,Z ==> Vertex 3 {m} !
     -6.248,49.056,0;  !- X,Y,Z ==> Vertex 4 {m} !

I noticed that one edge of the subsurface and one edge of the containing
surface are collinear, and altering the subsurface to remove this
condition caused the warning to go away.

My questions are the following:
1) Was my diagnosis correct? Does the occurrence of collinear base
surface/subsurface edges cause this warning to be emitted?
2) Some of the warnings were "Overlap Status=No-Overlap" and some were
"Overlap Status=Partial-Overlap". I gave the offending objects a cursory
inspection but couldn't distinguish between the two cases (all of them
had the collinear edge thing going on). Is the distinction between these
two conditions essentially undefined when there are collinear edges, or
did I miss something?
3) If my diagnosis is correct, is this actually going to cause
simulation problems, or is E+ just being wary?

Thanks,
Cody Rose