Re: ΣÏεÏ: [EnergyPlus_Support] Tool fo r creating AMY weather files for northern Europe

Hi Lukas,

Does the area of coverage look like this:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BxMkJIZCZN5EVE9LVUtSWGxyNnM

Paul

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 11:34 AM, rokkas80 <lukas.rokka@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'll have my thesis ready in September, it will include method descriptions and validation. I'll update the software documentation then as well. For the solar data used you find validation here http://strang.smhi.se/validation/validation.html. The STRÃ?NG solar data don't have that good temporal and geographic resolution as e.g. HelioClim data but it is free and most likely good enough for building simulation. From test I've done on sites in Scandinavia the solar data is quite much better than that from regular energyPlus TMY weather files.

For interpolation opensource MathNet libraries are used, for filling longer data gaps a similar method as EERE uses is used, described at http://apps1.eere.energy.gov/buildings/energyplus/pdfs/weatherdata_guide_34303.pdf.

Geographic area that is covered is a rotated latitude-longitude networks, but expressed as normal lat/lon the coordinate are:
"Lower left" lat 48.498 lon -10.592
"upper right" lat 63.377 lon 51.563
Before Juni 2006 the area is smaller and geographic resolution poorer.

/Lukas

--
Best Regards,

Paull Dybskiy
M.A.Sc. Candidate, Department of Architectural Science
Faculty of Engineering, Architecture and Science, Ryerson University
E-mail: pdybskiy@xxxxxxxxxx;
telephone: 647-984-4940