Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Defining DesignDays based on the weather file

I have wondered about this, have been using Extreme weather file days (per Linda's advise)
So I will say run a building for 50 weather locations, then have results but then re-run later with design days.
I have been schooled on why design days matter, but still wonder how large of a difference it really makes to use design day (where you get the option to choose your peaks) or a weather file extreme week. Something seems more accurate with the extreme week due to the lack of human ability to choose, but again from what I am told design days is a more accurate way to go..

Name Summer Extreme Weather File
Period Selection SummerExtreme
Day of Week for Start Day Monday
Use Weather File Daylight Saving Period Yes
Use Weather File Rain and Snow Indicators Yes

Name Winter Extreme Weather File
Period Selection WinterExtreme
Day of Week for Start Day Monday
Use Weather File Daylight Saving Period Yes
Use Weather File Rain and Snow Indicators Yes

Jeremiah D. Crossett
CleanTech Analytics
503-688-8951
www.cleantechanalytics.com

This document may contain valuable information proprietary to CleanTech Analytics which is private and confidential. It may not be shared, copied, stored or transmitted in any form without the prior written consent of CleanTech Analytics