[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Total incident solar radiation on a plane

Hello Ritwik,
in order to get information about the output that you can get, you should refer to the guide "Input-Output Reference" ("EnergyPlus I-O Reference"), which is available from the help menu.
There you should find that you can obtain the following output and many others which could interest you:

Surface Ext Solar Incident [W/m2]
The total solar radiation incident on the outside of an exterior surface. It is the sum of:
Surface Ext Solar Beam Incident
Surface Ext Solar Sky Diffuse Incident
Surface Ext Solar Ground Diffuse Incident
Surface Ext Solar From Sky Diffuse Refl From Obstructions
Surface Ext Beam Sol From Bm-To-Bm Refl From Obstructions
Surface Ext Diff Sol From Bm-To-Diff Refl FromObstructions

To request a specific output you can use the "IDF-editor", you go to Output:varible and you add a new object. For example, as "kay value" you can indicate the east facing surface and as "Variable name" "Surface Ext Solar Incident".

Best Regards