From: "CleanTech Analytics" <jeremiah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, Jun 22, 2012 1:35 am
Subject: [Bldg-sim] ASHRAE code multiplier?
To: "bldg-sim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bldg-sim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "equest-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <equest-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear list,
I am working on creating envelope libraries for ASHRAE 90.1 2010, 2007 & 2001 code vintages.
I have a copy of ASHRAE 2010 standard and users guide, and am wondering if there might be a general multiplier that could be used to back the insulation levels as well as U values down to the 2007 and 2001 levels. When I purchased the ASHRAE 2010 standard and users guide the ASHRAE rep I spoke with mentioned that I might be able to use a multiplyer for this. From what I recall insulation levels where raised by 16% for ASHRAE 2010 from ASHRAE 2007, but do not know if this 16% is actually the number or not and do not have any assumed numbers for other vintages or values.  My use of this is for PCM modeling, sort of conceptual massing preliminary modeling & climate studies so strict code compliance is not necessarily required but would be preferred. I would prefer not to buy all of the individual standards if possible so wonder if such a multiplier might be reasonable. I would like to also do space type lighting codes & DHW (for internal gains) as well.. If anyone has insight it would be appreciated, and I also could share my finished work (in excel, energy plus and design builder formats) with anyone who wanted it..

Best regards-

Jeremiah D. Crossett
CleanTech Analytics
503-688-8951
www.cleantechanalytics.com

This document may contain valuable information proprietary to CleanTech Analytics which is private and confidential. It may not be shared, copied, stored or transmitted in any form without the prior written consent of CleanTech Analytics