[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Eplus

I would go on 33/14 for both. If you put a minimum of 22 for the heating coil, it looks at zone temp and air temp at coil inlet to try and maintain the node setpoint temp set by the manager. This means that if the zone is too hot (say 27 deg C) and needs cooling, and you have benificial cold outdoor air at say 16 deg, the heating coil will try to achieve 22 at its exit node to try and "cool" the zone down from 27 with a delivered air temp of 27. The heating coil doesn't know that there is a cooling coil in the system. It doesn't know there is an economizer or oda damper...it just tries to do its best to achieve the zone setpoint. If the best means it goes down as low as it is allowed to from your setpoint restriction, then that is what it does.

You may argue that the heating coil should not be operational during "cooling mode", but if it sees cold outdoor air at 16 deg incoming, it assumes that the net balance may need to be heated to achieve the room air temp of heating setpoint. It is also trying to be a little predictive. I'm not sure about this last paragraph, since I've not looked at the fortran code, but I've made some painfull experiences regarding this. The heating coil will maintain the min temp of 22 at outlet if you set it to that, regardless heating or cooling mode.