RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: internal loads

This is one of the problems that the EPlus teachers are not following the rules.

Always 4 is a unique name.  The name itself has no specific meaning.

"Any Number" should not be used as a limit at all, if the fields are left bland..  But the examples, and templates are using it that way..

In the example you have quotated, Always 4 is for the type 4 thermostat. therefore, "any number" should be "control type" which is one of the schedule declared.  In this way, if you use a number outside 0 and 4, you will get a warning.

Similarly, Always 20  and Always 24 should have a type limit of "Temperature" which is in degree C.

Some limit examples are given below.  This user actually defined the limits for "Any Number".
You may notice that most of the "Any number" limit has blank fields.

======
ScheduleTypeLimits,
Any Number, !- Name
0, !- Lower Limit Value
1000, !- Upper Limit Value
Continuous, !- Numeric Type
Dimensionless; !- Unit Type
-----------------
ScheduleTypeLimits,
Fraction, !- Name
0.0, !- Lower Limit Value
1.0, !- Upper Limit Value
CONTINUOUS; !- Numeric Type

------------------
ScheduleTypeLimits,
Temperature, !- Name
-60, !- Lower Limit Value
200, !- Upper Limit Value
CONTINUOUS; !- Numeric Type

--------------------------
ScheduleTypeLimits,
On/Off, !- Name
0, !- Lower Limit Value
1, !- Upper Limit Value
DISCRETE; !- Numeric Type
---------------------------

ScheduleTypeLimits,
Control Type, !- Name
0, !- Lower Limit Value
4, !- Upper Limit Value
DISCRETE; !- Numeric Type

ScheduleTypeLimits,
Humidity, !- Name
10, !- Lower Limit Value
90, !- Upper Limit Value
CONTINUOUS; !- Numeric Type

"Continuous" may have  decimal point values, i.e. non integfer or discrete..

You may add any other limits to generate warnings for debugging.

 Dr. Li