To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: direzionecontraria@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 08:51:44 +0000
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: connections of the hot water storage tank

A problematic issue is that in the real HVAC plant the hot water does not pass directly from the hot water storage tank to the DHW loop but there is a heat exchanger. The water in the hot water storage tank, whichin the real HVAC plant is connected to the HW loop as well, can be much warmer than the water that is necessary as domestic hot water and the heat exchanger solves that problem. Therefore the real boiler does not produce water at 40°C (which are requested by the DHW loop) but the waterheater of my model does.