Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: How to start learning

Hello,

For fundamentals of HVAC there is a lot of info. on the internet. Particularly I like video lectures from IITs India (http://www.youtube.com/user/nptelhrd) and similar from MIT (http://ocw.mit.edu/index.htm). You will search them for topics related to building physics, such as Thermodynamics, Fluid mechanics, also HVAC systems etc.

Apart from this, having a good book and solving problems is also necessary. For fundamentals, I would definitely suggest Heating & Cooling of Buildings from J.Kreider et.al. (http://llrc.mcast.edu.mt/digitalversion/Table_of_Contents_35089.pdf). It will be a good reference for all times. Many expert professionals refer and recommend this.

Similarly for HVAC systems you can see http://www.nbcindia.com/books/1-hvac-principles-applications-manual-thomas-mull/007044451X. (Might or might not be the best option). I would request other members to give their suggestions on comprehensive books on different HVAC systems.

For simulation, the best is to work on some real world projects, then only you will have some constraints which enhance learning. EnergyPlus has a wonderful documentation and support so you wont need anything else. To get started in E+, Linda has already mentioned the video tutorials from Garg Analytics.

Perhaps, if you are interested in having a broad overview of different building simulations then you can see the new book from IBPSA (http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415474146/). I particularly like this book because it covers different simulation topics from people who are well known in their faculties.

These not the only sources, but they have the potential to give a good foundation.

Vaibhav Jain
www.vaibhavjain.co

On 20 July 2012 08:02, adnan_ashraf2 <adnan_ashraf2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "adnan_ashraf2" <adnan_ashraf2@...> wrote:

> Hi i am new two energy plus. I am an electrical engineer and have been working on energy plus since 3 weeks. Could anybody recommend any book of energy plus?. Or guide to me some very basic material about energy plus. As a beginner from where should i start?

Vaibhav Jain Thanks

I read tutorial, it was really useful.I don't have basic concepts of HVAC and building energy simulations. Could you help me to tell some sites from where i can get the basic concepts.