Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Temperature Out of Bounds During Warmup

It could be solar. Turn on reporting during warmup and add report variables.

This technique is used to diagnose all problems with a simulation.

Use:
Output:Diagnostics,ReportDuringWarnup;
Output:VariableDictionary,IDF;

Then run the simulation again. Look in the rdd file for report variables
that could help identify what is causing this.
Outdoor temp
Output:Variable,*,Outdoor Dry Bulb,hourly; !- Zone Average [C]

Zone temp
Output:Variable,*,Zone Mean Air Temperature,hourly; !- Zone Average [C]
Output:Variable,*,Zone/Sys Air Temperature,hourly; !- HVAC Average [C]
Output:Variable,*,Zone/Sys Air Temperature at Thermostat,hourly; !- HV

The zone load
Output:Variable,*,Zone/Sys Sensible Load Predicted,hourly; !- HVAC
Average [W]
Output:Variable,*,Zone/Sys Sensible Load to Heating Setpoint
Predicted,hourly; !- HVAC Average [W]
Output:Variable,*,Zone/Sys Sensible Load to Cooling Setpoint
Predicted,hourly;

Solar through windows
Output:Variable,*,Beam Solar Transmitted through Interior Window,hourly;
!- Zone Average [W]

There are many others....

Then run the simulation again and look at the simulation output (*.csv)

--
Richard A. Raustad
Senior Research Engineer

UCF - From Promise to Prominence: Celebrating 40 Years