RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] AC adding

When you use the templates, you need to use one set of them per zone and/or per system.

Because you have ten zones defined, you may install HVAC in all 10 zones and make five of them "unavailaable", or inslal only five in the zones whee you need air-conditioning.

Because you do not need heating, you can choose to use type 2 thermostat for cooling only.
You may use one HVACtemplate:Thermostat for all the five zone as shown in the code below taken from the example file:     HVACTemplate-5ZonePurchAir.idf

If you wanted to used different settings, change All Zone to a say Zone1Thermostat, and use five different templates.  Clg-SetP-Sch can be different, or still be the same and shared.

!- ====================

HVACTemplate:Thermostat,
All Zones, !- Name
!  Htg-SetP-Sch, !- Heating Setpoint Schedule Name
!  ,                          !- Constant Heating Setpoint {C}
Clg-SetP-Sch, !- Cooling Setpoint Schedule Name
; !- Constant Cooling Setpoint {C}

HVACTemplate:Zone:IdealLoadsAirSystem,
SPACE1-1, !- Zone Name
All Zones; !- Template Thermostat Name

HVACTemplate:Zone:IdealLoadsAirSystem,
SPACE2-1, !- Zone Name
All Zones; !- Template Thermostat Name

HVACTemplate:Zone:IdealLoadsAirSystem,
SPACE3-1, !- Zone Name
All Zones; !- Template Thermostat Name

HVACTemplate:Zone:IdealLoadsAirSystem,
SPACE4-1, !- Zone Name
All Zones; !- Template Thermostat Name

HVACTemplate:Zone:IdealLoadsAirSystem,
SPACE5-1, !- Zone Name
All Zones; !- Template Thermostat Name

!- ===================
ScheduleTypeLimits,
Any Number; !- Name
cheduleTypeLimits,
Control Type, !- Name
0, !- Lower Limit Value
4, !- Upper Limit Value
DISCRETE; !- Numeric Type

!- ================
ScheduleTypeLimits Name   is used in the Compact Scedules to tell it the type and range of the number format to use.

"Control Type" is used for the thermostat type and hs a range from 0 to 4.

Schedule:Compact,
Clg-SetP-Sch, !- Name
Temperature, !- Schedule Type Limits Name
Through: 12/31, !- Field 1
For: WeekDays CustomDay1 CustomDay2, !- Field 2
Until: 7:00,32.0, !- Field 3
Until: 21:00,24.0, !- Field 5
Until: 24:00,32.0, !- Field 7
For: WeekEnds Holiday, !- Field 9
Until: 24:00,32.0, !- Field 10
For: SummerDesignDay, !- Field 12
Until: 24:00,24.0, !- Field 13
For: WinterDesignDay, !- Field 15
Until: 24:00,32.0; !- Field 16

!- ======
In this schedule, the schedue type limits is temperature (-60 to 200 °C)

Hope this will help.

 Dr. Li