RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Comparison of Text Editors for idf-file

Why not "wordpad"?  which is in all the Windows.

You can change to that in EPlauch options.

 Dr. Li

To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 12:20:16 -0600
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Comparison of Text Editors for idf-file

You've also missed UltraEdit/UltraCompare.

Textpad has:
Save as
Rectangular selection (called block edit mode) but this is less than useful for many IDF files.  I do find it useful though.

Side by side compare (?) view -- not as comparing as Ultracompare.

We usually publish the syntax highlights for TextPad and Ultraedit after each release.
Textpad keywords are limited to 60 characters, more or less, so 7.1 broke it.  7.2 will fix it.

Both Ultraedit and Textpad syntax highlighting are very editable.

Someone made a Notepad++ syntax but it hasn't been kept up to date.