Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Comparison of Text Editors for idf-file

If you compare text files very often, I would recommend
WinMerge. It can compare two files or two entire directories
of files. And its free.

http://winmerge.org/

If you want to compare three text files (like when two
people have revised the same file) then UltraCompare
Professional is great. It compares directories too.

http://www.ultraedit.com/products/ultracompare/tour/compare-text.html

Both make merging changes very easy.

BTW, I have been using UltraEdit for text editing for many,
many years.

Jason

--
Jason Glazer, P.E., GARD Analytics, 90.1 ECB chair