[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Indoor air temperature LOWER than ambient temperature

Hi Dr. Li,

Thank you for that suggestion. I have found that the reasoning is 100% due to radiation cooling. I ran your suggestion and indeed the glass house showed energy loss at all times during the night (even when the zone temperature is below ambient). However if I put a big shading cover over the whole glass house (blocking radiation cooling), the night time energy loss drops to 0 and the phenomenon of cooling below ambient no longer occurs.

Thank you for helping to solve this mystery!

Kind Regards,

Ryan