Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] jEPlus & Window-to-wall ratio

Amer,
For the decrease in cooling energy consumption when increasing window area-

Are your windows oriented towards south (northern hemisphere?) if so I suspect that the issue may be chiller part load values; something I am not sure if E+/Design Builder default curves handle like a real chiller would.Check for a warning about part load values- also try with ideal loads system to see if your cooling loads still decrease with added window area.  The chiller objects in Energy Plus are remnants of DOE2, from what I understand have not been updated. They can cause the cooling system to use more energy when decreeing the load due to the system running less efficiently under less load. This would make since if the system size and the curve where locked in place, but not so if the system is autosized.
It may be worth the effort to submit this to the help desk to see what they think..

Jeremiah D. Crossett  | Senior Analyst  |  Phase Change Energy Solutions
120 E. Pritchard St.  | Asheboro, NC 27203  | Mobile 503-688-8951