To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: marko.ignjatovic1980@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 20:44:07 +0000
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Adding untreated outside air to a zone?

Dr Li,

I don't know whether You answered to my or the other post. Since I am beginner in EnergyPlus , a I am not familiar with night schedule and Your problem, but i checked several times. I modified previous deadband and set cooling setpoint above max temperature in the zone. Fan electric consumption was zero so it means it stayed off. When I lowered this setpoint only 1 oC bellow max temperature fan consumption occur and is significantly lower than in first scenario (setpoint 50oC). The way I see it it means that the fan operates only when temp is above the given setpoint. Whether the fan varies outside air volume or not, I haven't checked (is there a way to measure it by output:meter or variable object?).