[EnergyPlus_Support] Heating problem in AirflowNetwork

I have a one zone Packaged Single Zone model. I have added Airflow Network to control the 2 windows on the facade. I wrote an EMS to control the opening/closing of the windows. I then noticed that the fan is on even when the windows are open. I therefore added the second EMS to turn off the fan when the windows are open. I placed the EMS  'AfterPredictorBeforeHVACManagers" so the system availability manager can overwrite it, when needed. I created the detailed output and noticed that the heating energy comes on for one or two cycles (detailed report cycle) and then turns off. This happens throughout the annual run and causes some annual heating energy. I see no indication that heating is needed. So here are my questions:
1) is 'AfterPredictorBeforeHVACManagers' the right place for EMS to control the fan?
2) What temperature does heating control use as its control sensor to determine the Supply Air Temperature, in other words, what temp causes the heating to come on? I don't see any obvious reason for heating to come on.
3) What temperatures causes the 'Availability Manager Night Cycle Control Status' to be set to 2?
These questions came about because of the amount of annual heating produced by these runs and I'd like to be able to explain it. I have an idf file that demonstrates this problem (NV.idf) which I will upload.
Thanks for your help,
--Mehry