Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Calculated load different from component sizing summery

Dr YI, Thanks for your response-  I have 1.15 for cooling and 1.25 for heating in the zone sizing object, but that is clearly labeled as User Design Load in the hvac sizing and does not show up in the zsz.csv. The component sizing is the one that seems out of place and much more so than the 1.15 value for user design load.  I just ran the file again without the user values- everything set to auto size.

Here (and attached) are the latest results without the 1.15 multiplier in metric and for the proposed rather than the base case (27% diffrence:

Calculated Design Load [W]
User Design Load [W]Calculated Design Air Flow [m3/s]User Design Air Flow [m3/s] Design Day NameDate/Time Of PeakTemperature at Peak [C]Humidity Ratio at Peak [kgWater/kgAir]
BLOCK1:ZONE1 792.83792.830.0590.059LOS ANGELES INTL ARPT ANN CLG 1% CONDNS DB=>MWB8/21 16:32:00 26.280.00955

Maximum Heating Air Flow Rate [m3/s]Maximum Cooling Air Flow Rate [m3/s]Maximum Total Cooling Capacity [W]
ZONE1AIR0.0131460.0589071007.43

Jeremiah D. Crossett  | Senior Analyst  |  Phase Change Energy Solutions
120 E. Pritchard St.  | Asheboro, NC 27203  | Mobile 503-688-8951
www.phasechange.com