Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Annual Peak cooling variable ?

Bent & Linda Thanks-  Could I ask if this feature could be considered for any version of E+, and if you can understand why it would be left out of version 1?

 I was thinking it would make a good replacement for the redundant "environment", "annual" and "Runperiod" options- and could be a simple change to have one "Annual" and add an option for "Annual Max" and an option for "Annual Min"..

  • Prior to posting this searched documentation for readvarseso, read every page of documentation (1832 to 1834 input output manual and pages 34 to 36 of "tips and tricks" and page 206 of "axillary programs")  I do not see any documentation as to how one would attain the information from readvarseso that is not contained in the Input Data Dictionary.   If there is a way to use .RVI files, or to set the IDF to report the maximal value, or to use get the maximum data out of the .ESO files that would be great.
  • The csvproc program runs statistics on hourly values, where I am looking to use .RVI file for annual values so this does not appear to be of any use.

I spent three days on this before I posted, and I have read all documentation I could think of, but will go-ahead and look some more considering you are saying that this is possible and documented. (any advise where to look?)

Jeremiah D. Crossett  | Senior Analyst  |  Phase Change Energy Solutions
120 E. Pritchard St.  | Asheboro, NC 27203  | Mobile 503-688-8951