RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Annual Peak cooling variable ?

Ideally JE+ would be able to directly access the engine-produced-data in the ESO and/or tabular report.

With a scripting language like ruby it is not too difficult to mine data out of the HTML version of the tabular file (because of all the tags).

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeremiah Crossett
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2012 8:06 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Annual Peak cooling variable ?

Brent, thanks again for your help and sorry I did not understand your suggestion, but now understand that the number is in the eso file but do not understand how to get it to csv.

 Linda, or Brent I found the max value but am not sure how to "tell' readvarseso to write this to CSV? Would you have any advise> ? Could I for instance out he word "Max" after the output variable name in a .RVI file? Because this is for a large set of output it would be great if there was some way to do this with .RVI or MVI.

(So would such syntax as "Sensible Cooling Rate Max" work?)  The issue is that I need to have single values so that thousands of runs can be compared to each other at one time such as in this spreadsheet: <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag7cD5ZV9QwRdFgyWjJXN3IyTVduc2VrcXRlLU95ZlE>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag7cD5ZV9QwRdFgyWjJXN3IyTVduc2VrcXRlLU95ZlE  ;

So from the eso file I have the following values:

* Average value is 368.89[W]*

<http://energyplus.helpserve.com>http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

<http://www.energyplus.gov>http://www.energyplus.gov