RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Annual Peak cooling variable ?

We don’t consider ReadVarsESO to be “within E+.”   It is just a small postprocessing aid that is included in the distribution.  ESO (not EIO) stands for EnergyPlus Standard Output and it has had this data since version 1.0.

The formal way to make a request for a new feature is to post it to the helpdesk.   The E+ team will then add it to the wish list.

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeremiah Crossett
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 10:03 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Annual Peak cooling variable ?

Linda+Brent, Thank you for your response and for understanding the issue. I suppose I could run the parametric and optimization with the sensible cooling rate checked and plan to create a script that can get the data from the .eio or ,html.. it is surprising that there is not a way to do this currently within E+ such as the use of a readvarseso with a .rvi file, or better yet a min/max reporting option. This would be useful for discovery of peak load reduction strategies. How does one request a new feature to be added to the tax dollar funded E+ project ?>Is there a formal way to do this?

Adbou, Thank you but No, you will get the average number rather then the peak by clicking on spreadsheets button- if you read the post I want to get the maximum sensible cooling rate so I can plot a cart of many simulations at once. The average number does not indicate the design with the smallest cooling system size. I am doing this so that I can do smaller parametric runs on my PC of about 1000 simulations and larger optimisation runs on a university super computer. The goal is again to have a variable that shows peak cooling load. The information is available in the .eio file, but readvarseso can not get the info to write a csv file with.

Jeremiah D. Crossett  | Senior Analyst  |  Phase Change Energy Solutions

120 E. Pritchard St.  | Asheboro, NC 27203  | Mobile 503-688-8951

www.phasechange.com