Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Output Variable to Calculate the Zone Load Requirements

One of the best ways to understand this is to report the zone temp,
humidity ratio, and enthalpy along with the zone inlet node temp,
humidity ratio, and enthalpy. Also report the zone inlet node mass flow
rate.

You can then calculate the zone energy entering the zone through the
zone inlet node. Q = Mdot(deltaH)

Zone/Sys Sensible Cooling or Heating  Energy only report what enters the
zone through the zone inlet node. It does not include any effects of
outdoor air or fan heat.

The ideal loads total heating and ideal loads zone total heating show
the same value and is an enthalpic calculation (includes impact of
moisture difference between zone inlet node and zone node), the ideal
loads sensible variables only show the impact of temperature difference
between the zone inlet node and zone node.

It depends on what your goal is as to which report variables to use. Do
you want to know the energy impacts of outdoor air? Or just the energy
required to meet the standard zone loads?

--
Richard A. Raustad
Senior Research Engineer

UCF - From Promise to Prominence: Celebrating 40 Years