[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EnergyPlus_Support] District heating/Cooling with no HVAC system
- To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] District heating/Cooling with no HVAC system
- From: "argyro" <argyrogiakoumi@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 18:23:40 -0000
- Delivered-to: mailing list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 12:25:29 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1350411928; bh=tcYASNh92daQP6DnJXZgOGm+1gol6oU++6kCqoUeieI=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:Received:Received:Received:DKIM-Signature:Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-eGroups-Approved-By:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=cDF7SiGChR0WBG7yQCVY+aDfkRGNSpK25GiePgHWku0SPaA7fedaFTcapyWtpVtaX+tVrvHE3MLbZe0LH84z9vz+SAsSlSD4XUzbtkJtlB5mJ6EqZ9oOVKWWmiGRS+du
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1350411926; bh=LYL/0NI3iHqSzysICVTyn1OSlLe5lxUGSKJQbxSIKLY=; h=Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Date:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:Subject:X-Yahoo-Group-Post:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-YGroups-SubInfo:Sender:X-eGroups-Approved-By:X-eGroups-Auth; b=SXuuxvzwE9qcYE0pr8ssOX5wMcpzySdSat0WUqUzMzLJTRSAtQLv/WL2jIL5/SeK5kI1CrrutSEeTWNYZ1mEVeyOxTICFGdQxviRpYjG4FhrXd8yZkInfG0KTUKIbYbB
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=lima; d=yahoogroups.com; b=a0cqaGc7m2Ew9KjLR19VZSUQ0qnB6ZuLn2UG8lK2tzHt8pkkjXCWFSgiX67We8t61ztfFpp3qJN8xYfDVSXb+jz+3d6qc6SedM0nNR12Tj21EvTtKGqupSXfAQ3vQVGO;
- Envelope-to: linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- List-id: <EnergyPlus_Support.yahoogroups.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:EnergyPlus_Supportemail@example.com>
- Mailing-list: list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; contact EnergyPlus_Support-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: eGroups-EW/0.82
i am trying to simulate a building and i am interested in getting its thermal and cooling loads (needs).
I have not put an HVAC system on my model,but I have used thermostats for every space and i have turned IdealAir Loads on.
So, in the results report under categories District Heating and District Cooling, i am getting the thermal and cooling needs of my building. Is that assumption correct?
If yes, i am confused about the meaning of end use energy and source energy for this categories.
It seems to me strange that the conversion factors are:
District Cooling 1.056
District Heating 3.613
I would expect it to be the other way around.
(Making the assumption that heating is usually provided by a gas or oil boiler the conversion factor would be around 1, and cooling is usually provided by a heat pump or chiller that uses electricity and an average EER could be around 3,5).
Could someone explain what is the difference between site energy and source energy in the case of District Heting/ Cooling?
Which one should i use in order to describe the thermal/cooling needs of my building in kWh(th)?
Thank you very much
Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx
The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
The group web site is:
Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection. Limit attachments to small files.
EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable. Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: