[EnergyPlus_Support] District heating/Cooling with no HVAC system

Hello,

i am trying to simulate a building and i am interested in getting its thermal and cooling loads (needs).

I have not put an HVAC system on my model,but I have used thermostats for every space and i have turned IdealAir Loads on.
So, in the results report under categories District Heating and District Cooling, i am getting the thermal and cooling needs of my building. Is that assumption correct?

If yes, i am confused about the meaning of end use energy and source energy for this categories.
It seems to me strange that the conversion factors are:
District Cooling	1.056
District Heating	3.613

I would expect it to be the other way around.
(Making the assumption that heating is usually provided by a gas or oil boiler the conversion factor would be around 1, and cooling is usually provided by a heat pump or chiller that uses electricity and an average EER could be around 3,5).
Could someone explain what is the difference between site energy and source energy in the case of District Heting/ Cooling?
Which one should i use in order to describe the thermal/cooling  needs of my building in kWh(th)?

Thank you very much