[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Mechanical ventilation for passive dwellings

mmm...I see your point.
For the non-AFN, your mixing object will rob a set amount of air from the supplied zone. The return air from that zone will automatically be the supply - xmixing and e+ will issue a warning (one of Jim's favourites) that the supply steam does not equal the exhaust.

If you are then exhausting from the adjacent zone to the same airloop, I.e. the zone receiving air from your crossmixer, then set the supply air termanal for this exhaust zone to zero or something very small.

...I've not tested this.

For the AFN version, I suspect you'll have to couple the exhaust node to a plenumn zone and which is your exhaust zone, while in the exhaust zone you set the supply terminal to (almost) zero.

...again I've not tested this.

Don't forget that using dummy zones to achieve this sort of design may be part of the workaround.

This topic comes up again and again. If there is an example in the examples folder, I would love to know it.