[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Simulation for LEED - enegy saving using Natural Ventilation

1) That hybridventilation manager works. I've tried it. There is a small documentation descrepancy in what the correct string is in the input field, but is probably corrected since V7.2.
2) LEED does not require the simulation for EAp2 and the Increased Ventilation Credit to be the same one. You could handle them sepetately, and at the end will probably save you lots of time.
3) I find it hard to believe that a 100% naturally ventilated building will meet ASHRAE 55 all of the time.
4) Yes. For EAp2 you'll need to add the baseline system's mechanical systems to the existing model and these should jump on when the natural ventilation is not meeting the loads.
5) Be warned: Control wise this is quite hard to setup. Proving that you meet ventilation requirements for Natural Ventilation is easy. Open all the windows and watch that ventilation rarely falls below minimum requirements. But setting this up so that you meet the loads of a 50 ACH is quite hard. Thus my point of doing two seperate simulations to illustrate two different points.
- Yes we can ventilate well naturally, if we choose to open the windows
- Yes we have energy saving measures in place (ASHRAE 90.1)

If you split the two simulations, you can leave away the AFN for the ASHRAE 90.1 simulation, and duplicate the baseline systems for the proposed design.

It is tempting to try and use the hybrid case, but the proposed design has no hybrid control. Thus your baseline mechanical type systems in your proposed design should operate independant of your natural ventilation.

I've had painfull experiences with this excersice. Anyone else?