[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EnergyPlus_Support] DOAS Outdoor Air Rate
- To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] DOAS Outdoor Air Rate
- From: "ntraughpee" <matthew.sverre.anderson@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 20:20:34 -0000
- Delivered-to: mailing list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 17:21:41 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echo; t=1352233252; bh=B0s7bmtAPlqnjB3ly3d9fM+WTQHqCtt7zM8G12nxgUg=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=kzUzg3qJs/jn8r1SKWrRkEFMRmt/9bb1s2Z419nDREB1ZnJff9yy+r76fHnlTjWXMzII/u+GsVbLa2GJtRSrN8EEpc0oS1gxu6hmAQ/1VB2rXoES35jc0LOKlVOKM0bAT5At6DzC8bYu3nZ867srsGzx/9MP6HBxw9A4THN+Q04=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=echo; d=yahoogroups.com; b=LIUfJG2IRZiMYIk6HgtfPrW8d4yw6e9kn8yLJSAMvrtyE9/BydPts8Bs0vwax28/sYdgsVEqgpFolsSUukrJzlVeYhKFllGqiiOc6pzle44xbTjHGxYKNJPskK8Fae3XGZSl39mLcD2q/YvaF6uZPlA6GHtaJW6A9auQGoRSU9w=;
- Envelope-to: linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- List-id: <EnergyPlus_Support.yahoogroups.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:EnergyPlus_Supportfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; contact EnergyPlus_Support-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: eGroups-EW/0.82
So I am attempting to model a DOAS with zone fan coil system and I am having some troubles getting the outdoor air rate to come out how I want it. Basically I am looking to model a demand control ventilation system where we are bringing in outdoor air based upon occupancy rates. The fan coils themselves have no economizers or outdoor air besides what the DOAS system brings in. Currently in "cooling" months it brings in 100% OA where I want it to only bring in the amount of fresh air needed to meet the FA requirements and then temper that air and supply it to the zones and since it is supposed to be a school where occupancy is minimized during the summer months we should be bringing in a very small amount of outdoor air where during those months.
The DOAS system is a VAV with no reheat. There are 4 separate AHU's with 3 zones per AHU. I have a People load with a "people" schedule. Then I have done this:
In the DesignSpecification:OutdoorAir object I have OutdoorAirMethod = Flow/Person with the Flow/Person = 10 CFM. Then in the Outdoor Air Flow Rate Fraction Schedule Name I have a schedule with a value for AllDays = 1.
- Am I correct in thinking that this draws from the "People" object in InternalGains to determine what the OA CFM needs to be? -
Then in the AirTerminal:SingleDuct:VAV:NoReheat object I have the Design Specification Outdoor Air Object Name as the related DesignSpecification:OutdoorAir object. I also have the max airflow rate set to what it should be and the minimum set to zero.
Then in the Controller:OutdoorAir I have the minimum/maximum outdoor air flow set and it put to NoEconomizer.
Is my thinking correct? What am I missing?
Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx
The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
The group web site is:
Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection. Limit attachments to small files.
EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable. Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: