[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Insulating wooden floor raised 400mm from ground in temperate climates

thanks for the reply,

My problem is that I am still unsure of how to define the material/surface for the bare ground/dirt that forms the lower boundary of the zone below the bare floor.

The actual ground temperature there could also be slightly higher than the ground temperature defined in the weather file. Although it is vented I know from temperature logging that the air temperature is significantly higher than the outside air - the space above the bare floor is heated and the heating ducts pass through the sub-floor zone.

For concrete slabs I just use the slab/basement model but that doesn't seem to handle exposed ground as the zone surface.

thanks, Andrew.