[EnergyPlus_Support] Residential Central Fan Integrated Ventilation

I'm trying to account for the energy use (fan and heating and cooling penalty/benefit) associated with the specification of a central fan integrated (CFI) ventilation system for a single family home with a single zone heating and cooling system.  This system uses an outdoor air duct with a mechanical damper connected to the return trunk of a centrally ducted system.  Control sequence for the mechanical OA damper is:
10 minutes on
20 minutes off

When the damper is "ON" (i.e., open), the central fan is turned ON.  When the damper is "OFF", the central fan responds to calls for heating and cooling.  Heating and cooling cycles can also occur when the damper is "ON".  Heat is provided by a centrally ducted natural gas fired forced air furnace.  Cooling is provided by a traditional, centrally ducted AC unit with the coil just downstream of the furnace heat exchanger.

I'm an EnergyPlus novice, and am wondering how I might model this.  It seems like the Unit Ventilator might be a good idea, but I'm not sure that I can pair this with a natural gas-fired furnace and DX cooling coil.  Also, how would I write the schedule for the OA damper and ensure that I don't double-count the ventilation fan energy used when the OA damper is "ON" and there is a simultaneous call for heating or cooling?

Thanks,

Mike