RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Variable Refrigerant system

You forgot to include the fan energy. Crankcase heater energy is also a
missing component as is evaporatively cooled condenser pump power if
you are using these options.

Zone Terminal Unit Cooling Electric Consumption
Zone Terminal Unit Heating Electric Consumption (for all zones)

These are the parasitics related to the terminal unit's parasitic
inputs and depends on which mode (cooling or heating) the system is
currently operating in.

ZoneHVAC:TerminalUnit:VariableRefrigerantFlow,
 30, !- Zone Terminal Unit On Parasitic Electric Energy Use {W}
 20; !- Zone Terminal Unit Off Parasitic Electric Energy Use {W}

Variable Refrigerant Flow Heat Pump Cooling Electric Consumption
Variable Refrigerant Flow Heat Pump Heating Electric Consumption

These should provide the outdoor unit electric consumption. Adding
these should give the total outdoor unit electric consumption over the
year.

Variable Refrigerant Flow Heat Pump Electric Defrost Consumption (

The is the electric consumption due to defrost. After reviewing the
code, I am not exactly sure if this is included in Variable Refrigerant
Flow Heat Pump Heating Electric Consumption since the calculation of
defrost energy is indirectly included in total electric consumption as
a fraction of energy use. I do see that defrost electric consumption is
included in the operating COP calculation which infers it is a seperate
energy use calculation.

Carefully review the sum of all inputs to the model (fan + terminal
unit parasitics + outdoor unit electric consumption + defrost + evap
condenser pump + basin heater electric consumption)