[EnergyPlus_Support] Simulating real settlement

Hi all,

I already asked a question about creating several buildings in one IDF and got the answer it is possible. I know how to do it, but before I enroll in this huge project I must ask few practical questions.
1. I have 4 buildings served by the same heating substation
2. Real settlement consists of four similar object described in 1.
3. Whole settlement is connected to the same DH system
4. Apartments are equipped with baseboard heaters

My questions are:
1. Is it possible to create several levels of splitters and mixers (for each building array 1+1) and one common on the level of DH system, and if so, how to model plate heat exchanger (since the boiler serving whole system is no problem)
2. If I choose that the heat supply comes from DH, is it possible to enter data from real plate heat exchangers located in heating substation
3. Can anyone suggest whether it is easier that each building array represents one IDF supplied by DH.

Idea is to link these IDFs with external optimization software (developed by my colleague) though several external files, so that output from E+ becomes input for this software, and its output will modify those external files, which will now serve as E+ input. This process will continue until some sort of optimization parameter is reached (we havent discussed this yet).
P.S. We want to see whether it is possible to create nearly zero energy settlement or carbon free by applying common retrofit measures
to whole settlement.

Thanks in advance

Marko