[EnergyPlus_Support] Problems with Zone:VentilationLWindandStackOpenArea

Hi all,

I try to simulate nightcooling by using
Zone:VentilationLWindandStackOpenArea and by scheduling a window
operation based on outdoor temperature and other parameters.  For the
SurfaceConvectionAlgorithmInside, I use adaptive model. To my
understanding, adaptive model will include the impact of ACH on
convective heat transfer, thus I expect when the window is opened, the
convective heat transfer should be larger compared to when the window is
closed (No other mechanical system is on when the window is closed so
the zone ACH should be zero) However, as I read the data, the convective
heat transfer does not change much at the time when the window start to
be opened and I can see that the Zone ACH is not zero. So can anybody
tell me is there anything that I did wrong or this zone ventilation
model is separated from the SurfaceConvection model?
Also, there is an input of opening area for this
Zone:VentilationLWindandStackOpenArea, if this value is not zero, will
this infect the wall area of the building for such zone? (Real wall
area= wall area- opening area) Since I already draw the windows in
Sketchup, and still need to define the opening area here within this model.

Many thanks,

HJ