[EnergyPlus_Support] Heat Recovery Chillers

I am looking at the Carrier White Paper on heat recovery chillers. They have great part load efficiencies in heating as well as cooling. The model I am looking at has a heat recovery chiller but the heating efficiencies are not great. My quick scan of the inputs for the electric chillers shows the heat recovery loop flow rate as an input but no apparent input for the loop temperature setpoint.

The Carrier chiller may be in cooling, heating and cooling or heating modes. In heat recovery mode, the chiller attempts to maintain the heat recovery loop setpoint unless the chilled water temperature drops below its setpoint. Then control switches back to cooling mode and the heat recovery loop temperature floats.  This all depends on the loads. I don’t see a curve for heat recovery part load efficiencies?

I should probably RTFM first before asking.

White paper:

https://dms.hvacpartners.com/docs/1001/Public/0A/04-581025-01.pdf

Christopher Jones, P.Eng.

14 Oneida Avenue

Toronto ON

M5J2E3

Posted by: <cj@xxxxxxxxxxx>

EnergyPlus support is found at:

The EnergyPlus web site is found at:
http://www.energyplus.net/

The group web site is:
http://groups..yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/

EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the &quot;search&quot; button.