Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Error running E+ 7.2 on Linux with GLIBC 2.11

I encountered the same issue and sent my query to Helpdesk. Basically Eplus Version 7.2 was compiled in a different linux distro than the one available here on our cluster at Clemson university,

Linda had included different versions of Eplus 7.2 for me to try (i.e compiled on a different machine) but it did not work for me. She said,

"Here are two versions built for RHEL:

32-bit: http://apps1.eere.energy.gov/buildings/energyplus/download/SetEPlusV720006-lin-RHEL5.sh
64-bit: http://apps1.eere.energy.gov/buildings/energyplus/download/SetEPlusV720006-lin-64-RHEL5.sh

You can try them.

The problem with your IT person's comment: "They (EnergyPlus Developers)don't need to modify their source code .. they
just need to compile it on the same type of system that the previous versions were compiled on."

is that some linux distros aren't being supported. Some of our developers are pushing the envelope with their code and we don't yet have a good solution."

Maybe you can try installing one of the above linked Eplus sources.

Good luck and please let me know if you are successful in installing 7.2 on your linux distro.

Niraj