Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] interior walls in a one zone model

Niko,
Typically adiabatic walls are not used to account for thermal inertia, as they are are adiabatic their only function to end a zone at the point where it would meet another zone. For instance one might use an adiabatic surface if they wanted to do a shoebox model of a single zone separated from a larger building.

The object that is designed to account for "thermal inertia" is called: "Internal Mass" and can be found in the "Thermal Zones and surfaces" section of idf editor.
Here is a what the inputs can look like:

Name Phase Change Internal Mass
Construction Name BioPCM_LightWeightWall
Zone Name Zone1
Surface Area 100

Jeremiah D. Crossett  | Senior Analyst  |  Phase Change Energy Solutions
120 E. Pritchard St.  | Asheboro, NC 27203  | Mobile 503-688-8951