[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EnergyPlus_Support] interior walls in a one zone model
- To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] interior walls in a one zone model
- From: "niko_heeren" <nheeren@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 14:17:42 -0000
- Delivered-to: mailing list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 07:47:08 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1357915628; bh=Y/jV0sBG/n0+M3SAKDG23S9QoRRMTNwszIxtEPKYyAQ=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:Received:Received:Received:DKIM-Signature:Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-eGroups-Approved-By:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=FokXGi6nJRqqjQhfCmMxP0x/QfApXUfW0mMhCnRwji1n/9AL1NfeVil5v/oEaY/032C5iUMIrYChfQkEjsL1pIKbQYf6ffXjvUaROeeeU/beGGOZlmoxh9GZPMaGrBg/VzcpKIeMw/H4Y6aBA2hYL0h+tsVUUlJCY7gUi+SgkgE=
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1357915625; bh=BRLsR87jYuDLB9YklHg0HgSOQ4VDZn7A0ug/U1qaM2E=; h=Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:Date:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:Subject:X-Yahoo-Group-Post:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-YGroups-SubInfo:Sender:X-eGroups-Approved-By:X-eGroups-Auth; b=3WCgK6KthH3OCTV1dc8Vwzf3iMKQGL4IzuTfuCe2mJ9zPLuXmklXnmp27iae2PstsmO1yQPzGxRVOyLqc39hzGRoemmsT3ntSD+ZEs9ULFzVQNUcjTF+6aXwOeP5SnyRSGqTN+t2sRQvwQ/pXj3GnUgQoWnkPFJ2SCLzOTOiNag=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=echoe; d=yahoogroups.com; b=t6us86y3G6I75rXWeFddNGmJ7KVXC/Bmvww1qVGN/TxBMIENbl552dxPh4SIVPgG0zs6ctO6tZMRbXfT1zTSzDHeK1XAdA1xQvzvF45sUC/ctYAFyrIZSU/NiXxa64XWtq+CwxfG6b4Fx23Cx6j0qYBvya3SP3mFXwWUMqKXAoE=;
- Envelope-to: linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- List-id: <EnergyPlus_Support.yahoogroups.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:EnergyPlus_Supportfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; contact EnergyPlus_Support-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: eGroups-EW/0.82
I am a little confused about internal walls. For a 1 zone model of a single family building I want to introduce the internal walls in order to correctly account for their thermal inertia.
What is the correct way to input an interior wall within a zone?
Can / should I use the object Wall:Adiabatic?
The interior wall consists of three layers: plaster/insulation/plaster
The I/O reference of energyplus confuses me a little: On page 176 it says to the object Walls:Detailed:
"Only the inside face of the surface will exchange heat with the zone (i.e. two adiabatic surfaces are required to model internal partitions where both sides of the surface are exchanging heat with the zone)."
On page 156 on Walls:Adiabatic it says:
"Regardless of location in the building, the "full" construction (all layers) is used."
Any help is very much appreciated.
Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx
The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
The group web site is:
Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection. Limit attachments to small files.
EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable. Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: