[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Input schedule compared to simulated temperatures
- To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Input schedule compared to simulated temperatures
- From: "luke_dorna" <luke.dorna@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 13:53:55 -0000
- Delivered-to: mailing list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 06:53:59 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1358171638; bh=oD/VT27rslPFKG3n9r1nOCRdG5e1a6Fzj9/l7atEo20=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=BOZwGwgGFlHu61jGSQv0pc46Qwvp5vaAoCGRA4R5ZhEbeP5fITmH54hb++wc1fzUVi5sggmPCuiZHE6AQ8HvL03GIQjEoQY7Z1OpxxReuCbgJVG2OrYe0T1r9oSag2IrQoIQ1iwfaqVbjVT3XUwrfu6PE6kjsi+6kOQAZ8tj3IU=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=echoe; d=yahoogroups.com; b=dT6by082iVwwCZmRnX4sqhf5KCgeHq5wzjPWSUmBOzEm3sCxpcH9cbSjwB+JKlzA8VmMdYOWm3UMdKe+LI/OQ5kntJaVBdxpsw+5I3jcgt4kDchtHtrlR9KP9uRrTbk3E2UUSgse36LvOED8/k4Zb096MU+NBLtIPF6280RSW7Y=;
- Envelope-to: linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- List-id: <EnergyPlus_Support.yahoogroups.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:EnergyPlus_Supportfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; contact EnergyPlus_Support-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: eGroups-EW/0.82
To your first point, since 12 am on the first day is your "zero hour", I do not believe that energy plus normally has an output for that time. You can set your output to 15 minute increments if you want to get a feel for what is going on within that first hour, though you will get a lot of data.
To your second point, setting the cooling setpoint to zero will actually drive the cooling to operate. You would want to set the cooling number to something very high.
However, an easier method would be to schedule the cooling coil off during the times you do not want it operating.
--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, cgomez0000@... wrote:
> I have a couple of questions about expectations for simulated results. Please comment if you understand them and can assist.
> I inputted a schedule of hourly temperatures to be referenced in energy plus. The results of indoor air temperature for an apt was almost exact but shifted one hour ahead of the input schedule. The input schedule began at 1am on jan 1. The next day the first time is 12am. Can you explain what may be causing the discrepancy?
> The other question is related to how close it matched the schedule, very well. However, The setbacks in a field experiments show that with only heating on the decline in temperature cannot drop as fast as the schedule- unless cooling is taking place. It appears that cooling is occurring then. I set the setpoint for cooling very low 0 degrees C so that it would not take place. Can you explain how I can better model for hearing and see a closer approximation of natural cooling that takes time to reach the setback.
> Sent from my iPhone
Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx
The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
The group web site is:
Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection. Limit attachments to small files.
EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable. Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: