[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Infiltration
- To: "EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Infiltration
- From: "Edward G. Lyon" <eglyon@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 18:15:45 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Delivered-to: mailing list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 11:15:54 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1359742552; bh=XO3pghoas4xmZqMIPzvBQ4/HNM9P+GupV7PzNlpWHWk=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-IronPort-AV:X-Received:X-Received:To:Thread-Topic:Thread-Index:Message-ID:References:In-Reply-To:Accept-Language:Content-Language:X-MS-Has-Attach:X-MS-TNEF-Correlator:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=Gmejq3StVEMpZwsx/fl2P/Welf4fuWgd+HovNTQG6WCRZW2xJZJudxe6PKY/EomPkaBl8vBuiGp9QK8zS2EpnLgZoy4btP0p96fKrSfYCKwEeq9B1V0TwofFqW77vMFCUy6U/ls6ccaZLvZmQSE35qOScTUrC2MlJf5yT0h5ZXg=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=echoe; d=yahoogroups.com; b=UVEfnd3XAbQNHuwGwhoQN3k2uBBjTXblj1Zq4bUWEpo8cJS3FTnikxlphEFQLA+/PQTwQy8aUld5moT/MSZIHOyw3uM9Wr8Bvc3IHcojSGeG/A6EYcYLixJmnZ3NaEPgonO9bJ6cpHPCOy8oLLW1VaRow0zERPhi9E0tO6lx5D4=;
- Envelope-to: linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <kegsro+a5qv@eGroups.com>
- List-id: <EnergyPlus_Support.yahoogroups.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:EnergyPlus_Supportfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; contact EnergyPlus_Support-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <kegsro+a5qv@eGroups.com>
- Reply-to: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AQHOAJ7ghL0TTt6u40uMUMgbr4N5HJhlQzmw
- Thread-topic: [EnergyPlus_Support] Infiltration
In my opinion, the answer to your question is very complex. I am not sure what you mean precisely by 50Pa test. Usually this means ACH50 (air changes per hour at 50 Pa), but you could have a complete test that reports Coef and Expon for the flow equation Flow = Coef*Pressure^Expon.
In either case there is no short cut way I see to put this data directly into EnergyPlus.
I also think different procedures may apply to different types of buildings. If you have a small house, and ACH50 result divided by 20 (sometimes other factors) is a fair approximation of the infiltration air exchange rate for a small building. You could define Infiltration as an ACH and juggle the coefficients to give you a better guess for seasonal temperature and wind conditions. Or you could study the research on ACH50 correlations to infiltration and schedule something appropriate for your location. If you have a commercial building, your test data should be unit area based and you would use Infiltration with a surface area calculation.
Infiltration in EnergyPlus has a sophisticated set of input parameters intended to vary infiltration by site conditions, and I have done a lot of whole building testing. Perhaps others can provide a good reference for integrating measured data into the energy model, but I have not seen it. I think there may a way to approximate the pressure from the temperature and wind in order to recalculate coefficients for Infiltration in EnergyPlus. Perhaps I need to study this in more depth myself.