[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Infiltration

I'm interested in this subject. I once setup manually the air tightness in the following way:

e.g.
Infiltration of closed exterior windows/doors is set for a relatively tightly sealed building at 0.3 ACH at 50Pa Blower Door. This is achieved by taking the building volume 2057 m³ at 0.3 ACH = 617.1 m³/h = 0.171466 m³/s divided equally over the number of exterior window/door cracks,

i.e. Baseline Building has 119 exterior window/door x4 cracks each (top, bottom, side, side) ï?  crack Air Mass Flow Coefficient When Window or Door Is Closed (kg/s @ 1Pa per m crack) = ((0.171466)/(119x4))/((50)(0.5) ) = 0.00005092852413

where Air Mass Flow Exponent When Window or Door Is Closed (dimensionless) = 0.5

Interior doors are modeled as always closed with (both baseline and design models) the crack Air Mass Flow Coefficient When Window or Door Is Closed (kg/s @ 1Pa per m crack) = (0.024[1])/ (4 cracks x (25)(0.65) ) = 0.000725

[1] Poulsen, P.E. â??Smoke Control Doors Test Reportâ?? Danish Nat Inst for Testing of Materials, Copenhagen (1979)

All edges
Avg Gap Thickness mm = 0.6 mm
Gap Depth = 60 mm
Gap Length = 6.0 m
Flow Rate = 0.024 m³/s

Cracks are not modeled for non-openable interior windows.
Holes are assumed to have Air Mass Flow Coefficient (kg/s @ 1Pa per m crack) = 0.1 and Air Mass Flow Exponent (dimensionless) = 1.0 for free flow without resistance.

....................this was a simple 29 room one story building.

I have not checked the latest from designbuilder for the n50 proceedure and natural ventilation, but am looking forward to in the future.

Jean