________________________________
De: Sarah Al Jarallah <sarahalghamdi@xxxxxxxxx>
Para: "EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Enviadas: Domingo, 17 de Fevereiro de 2013 5:04
Assunto: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Fatal Error:  Photovoltaic (EquivalentOne-Diode) ..

Dear José Marcos,

Thank
you ?
That was
the first mistake I did. But with the help of Mr. Xiang Jing ZHANG, I was able
to convert the temperature coefficients from [%/k] to [A/K and V/K] â?¦ Unfortunately,
even with that done I still got the same error but with different numbers:

** Severe  ** EquivalentOneDiode Photovoltaic model
failed to find maximum power point

**   ~~~   ** Numerical solver failed trying to take
exponential of too large a number

**   ~~~   **
Check input data in PhotovoltaicPerformance:EquivalentOne-Diode

**   ~~~   ** VV (voltage) = -7519.13932

**   ~~~   ** II (current) = 0.00000

**  Fatal  ** FUN: EnergyPlus terminates because of
numerical problem in EquivalentOne-Diode PV model

I couldnâ??t
figure out what I did wrong?¦ Is it because I entered default values in some of
the table boxes together with values from catalogue??  Kindly find attached ?
Best
Regards,
Sarah Al
Jarallah

________________________________
Perhaps you should look to the temperature coefficients. Make sure that the units are consistent comparing the datasheet data with the EP data.
Here, with the corrected values it could run a simulation (values from the datasheet which you sent converted into [A/K] and [V/K]), while with the values directly from the datasheet (both in [%/K]) I got this error message:

   ** Severe  ** EquivalentOneDiode Photovoltaic model failed to find maximum power point
   **   ~~~   ** Numerical solver failed trying to take exponential of too large a number
   **   ~~~   ** Check input data in PhotovoltaicPerformance:EquivalentOne-Diode
   **   ~~~   ** VV (voltage) = 24.62826
   **   ~~~   ** II (current) = -3084.79299
   **  Fatal  ** FUN: EnergyPlus terminates because of numerical problem in EquivalentOne-Diode PV model

Obs:
>Probably (almost sure) my IDF file is diferent than yours.
>Sorry for my English.

José Marcos
CEFET-MG / Brasil