[EnergyPlus_Support] suitable plant loop for open loop heat pump?

I have built an idf with a water to air heat pump (zoneHVAC:WaterToAirHeatPump) , determined the necessary coefficients for a Trane WSHP and have the zone loop complete.   My intention is to link this to an open loop stream, leaving the heating coil at 40 deg C and leaving the cooling coil at 12 deg C then being injected into the ground.

My intention is to model the aquifer below the site in a separate package and only require average water flow rates and temperature.  Can anyone give me any guidance on the best condenser loop to use?  My initial thoughts are to use district heating and cooling however I am concerned that the presence of a nominal capacity field will influence both temperature and flow rate leaving the heat pump rather than a true reflection of that required to maintain coil outlet temperatures given zone conditions.

TIA

mark