Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Ideal Loads Latent Cooling Rate

Dear Florian, if I'm not missing something, according to psychometrics theory, since you are injecting air at 12 ºC, even if supply air is set to its maximum possible humidity (100% relative), the absolute humidity will probably be less than the return air mixed with outside air. This means that you will necessary have to loose humidity to get to 12ºC, this loss of energy is the latent load, even when there is no humidity control.
You will see no latent load when you have no outside air and no latent load in the room, or when you have outside air dry enough to compensate for moisture created in the room. I don't think you should see latent load in winter with no humidity control.
Very good source of info about this subject is ASHRAE Fundamentals Chapter one.

Best,
Santiago.