Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Steam Boiler GetSpecificHeatGlycol warning

These 2 files did not look like they attached when I looked at the Yahoo group site, instead they were inline which was not my intention.
I upload them instead to the Files\Examples folder.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Steam Boiler GetSpecificHeatGlycol warning
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 08:01:17 -0400
From: Richard Raustad <RRaustad@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Did you use the correct pump?

Pump:VariableSpeed:Condensate,
       \memo This pump model is described in the ASHRAE secondary HVAC toolkit.
       \memo Variable Speed Condensate pump for Steam Systems

It can be frustrating to manually create plant loops. But really, they are not that hard to understand. For example, I have used this " single cooling and heating plant" many times to connect to a single water based equipment model (usually VRF). Bottom line, since I already have this plant available it is very easy to add to any input file using macro language.

 ##fileprefix C:\MyProjects\EnergyPlus\EnergyPlus\Inputs\
 ##include VRFSinglePlantLoopBoilerTower.idf

The only connection between this stand alone plant input file and the main input file is here (this is in the main input file):

  AirConditioner:VariableRefrigerantFlow,
    VRFCondInNode,           !- Condenser Inlet Node Name
    VRFCondOutNode,          !- Condenser Outlet Node Name

I'm including both files for review.

Main input file: VariableRefrigerantFlow_5Zone_HeatRecovery_WaterCooled.imf
Plant library:  VRFSinglePlantLoopBoilerTower.idf

Using this method, basically from a library of plant configurations, it becomes easy to implement.

I developed the PTAC model in E+ and do not understand your comment on configuration.