Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: FangerPPD acceptable levels

Ole Fanger deserves a lot of credit for defining comfort on a quantifiable basis, but there has been a lot of studies the past 20 years evaluating comfort under cooling conditions.  If you're concerned about the appropriateness of the Fanger PPD/PMV for your situation, a good place to start looking would be this paper, "Developing an Adaptive Model of Thermal Comfort and Preference", by Richard de Dear and Gail Brager (1998):

http://escholarship.org/uc/item/4qq2p9c6#page-1

Joe
Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.