[EnergyPlus_Support] Moveable Reflector

Hi All -

Trying to model a rooftop reflector that tracks the sun angle and delivers a vertical beam of sun through a roof skylight. Since it looks like this module doesn't exist (yet?) and jumping into the Fortran is a little over my head (and not in the budget) I decided to approximate it using reflective shading surfaces with transmittance schedules to control which are on/off. However, it turns out this doesn't work either, because the reflectance doesn't change even when the transmittance does - so even though they may seem like they're turned off, they're still reflecting the same way.

Initial results seem to show that changing the backside reflectivity of the material still doesn't change the results, leading me to believe that reflectivity for shading objects is the same on both sides (?)

So now I am back to using a fixed reflector. Can anybody think of another way to do this? Is there another object on/off control that I can link to a schedule that would completely turn the shading device off? Should I tinker around in the code?

KJM