Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] idf file transition from version 6 to 7.2

You need to use something called the MultipleVersionIDFUpdater that will automatically detect your version and then update it to the latest version.  I used it last year to convert hundreds of files from 3.0 to 7.1.  The good news was that it always worked; the bad news that it was pretty slow, because it goes through each version step by step.  I have my file in an "EnergyPlus Utilities" subdirectory, but that might be a directory name that I created.   I don't remember from where I got the program (it's actually requires its own subdirectory, since the mother program then calls all the individual daughter programs version by version).  You'll have to search on the EnergyPlus web site, and hopefully find it somewhere.

Joe

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 108D