From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Dirkes
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2013 1:53 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; bldg-sim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] RE: Apparent error on ASHRAE 90.1-2007 (and perhaps 2010)

Fabiano,

It’s encouraging that they noticed something, however I don’t think the math works properly with the formula you sent.

(SI): (1 L/s * 1000) * .14 = 140 W (This is 1 m3/s)

(IP): 2118.64 cfm * .3  = 636 W  (This is also 1 m3/s)

James V Dirkes II, PE, BEMP, LEED AP
www.buildingperformanceteam.com
Energy Analysis, Commissioning & Training Services
1631 Acacia Drive, Grand Rapids, MI 49504 USA
616 450 8653