RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] how to create a .rvi file??

Also see the Exercise under C:\EnergyPlusV8-0-0\ExampleFiles\AdvancedOutput

It shows you how to create an RVI.

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ivan Korolija
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2013 4:14 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] how to create a .rvi file??

Hi Tasos,

rvi file is actually a plain text file (having an extension .rvi) where you can specify outputs to be extracted the eso file. Outputs are defined by output variable names which also need to be specified in EnergyPlus idf file. The example of the rvi file is following (don't forget zero at the end)

eplusout.eso

eplusout.csv

Heating:DistrictHeating

Cooling:DistrictCooling

0

Cheers,

Dr Ivan Korolija

IESD, De Montfort University, Leicester, UK