Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Extremely high Supp. Heater Electric Power and Low GHX Outlet Temperature

On 17 May 2013, at 16:42, Li,YuanLu��� wrote:

I am just guessing.

In all heat exchangers of this class, earth tube, etc., a table is used for the ground temperature. There were many choices to be made. The slab program can be used to investigate the different conditions.

For the vertical tubes, the unwanted ground effect may be reduced by insulation. I.e. use heat insulated pipes for some connections.

If the flow rate is low, the temperature of the air at the exit end of the pipe is not the deep ground temperature, but the surface ground temperature. This may be what you are observing.

Dr.Li

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, eric wang <shaojieworld2005@...> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I modeled the GSHP system in Chicago. After exporting the variables as listed below, I found that the supplementary heater uses lots of electric power on 01/27 06:00:00. That reduced the efficiency of the GSHP system. Also, the VERTICAL GROUND HEAT EXCHANGER:Ground Heat Exchanger Outlet Temp is very low (1.033 degree C) from 01/26 20:00:00 to 01/27 05:00:00. I am not sure what causes the low water temperature from the ground loop. Can you help me out?
>
> Zone/Sys Sensible Load to Heating Setpoint Predicted [W](Hourly)
> WAHP SUPP HEATING COIL:Heating Coil Electric Power [W](Hourly)
> VERTICAL GROUND HEAT EXCHANGER:Ground Heat Exchanger Outlet Temp[C](Hourly)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Shaojie

Robin Curtis
GeoScience Limited

Tel: +44 (0) 1326 211070     Fax: +44 (0) 1326 212754     Web: www.geoscience.co.uk
Registered Office:
 Falmouth Business Park, Bickland Water Rd, Falmouth, TR11 4SZ, UK

Registered in England No 1930745

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This email is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is for the intended recipient only. Access, disclosure, copying, distribution or reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited and may be a criminal offence. If you have received this e-mail in error please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or any other storage mechanism. Any communication of a personal nature in this message is not made by or on behalf of any GeoScience Group company. Please note that the senderâ??s e-mail address and all other GeoScience group e-mail addresses are not valid addresses for the service of legal proceedings.