[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Internal Partitions do not participate in blocking solar radiation?
- To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Internal Partitions do not participate in blocking solar radiation?
- From: Niraj Poudel <nirajpdl@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 03:08:37 -0400
- Delivered-to: mailing list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 01:08:54 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1371280121; bh=S1FIn8yl7Xbm8FBbzz6mW55iYVWyW8ayfQsqXyv840c=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:In-Reply-To:References:Message-ID:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=ytcKv/9NGwNyiXqXjjSFt0vBB020t5aDxKk/IrTgt8LDD5P5s+ff+/IrkTxfDAdmDfD26pcEpv35B4JbttdSDiuAG2I8lbv21ZwdaZJmqPf1udMLLzLXPNkmOJEKAue/tTA9Xy/rVUCC+YSWA6LawXUvjtP8c2lLwIPrmUldaQs=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=echoe; d=yahoogroups.com; b=xpmq+y1qsBpQwcSo6/cVqp/DOQI1Um87c7Bj0nEaOn2aVhu6K14zo7nYBe9fgZDZfSKm6FDZfgeMXZtpiT801aoPqCos54T/j8i3RWEmVjN+eAkWxBK3fiMAuO2bc/ycrSnOMztJ39ai0Bh893EmZqQRkgbyZ5qvY1fVpqFDm2Q=;
- Envelope-to: linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <51bb84cf.65cc440a.38b2.3790SMTPIN_ADDED_MISSING@mx.google.com>
- List-id: <EnergyPlus_Support.yahoogroups.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:EnergyPlus_Supportfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; contact EnergyPlus_Support-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <CAO7UfbxoVUipBF6Pr2PMZRADJo-Vy_i=a87VBHUATYbnymycLQ@mail.gmail.com> <kpfvro+1h7i@eGroups.com> <51bb84cf.65cc440a.38b2.3790SMTPIN_ADDED_MISSING@mx.google.com>
- Reply-to: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have tried using an incredibly small convective coefficient and have been getting severe errors, however I havent tried using an IRTransparent wall yet. I might actually try doing that. Thank you Jean for this idea. I had not thought about it yet.
I will try it. Thank you Linda too for lending your expertise. Any other innovative ideas are more than welcome.
Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Linda Lawrie <linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I think IRT surfaces cannot be used with
ConductionFiniteDifference algorithm though now you can assign single
surfaces algorithms so maybe you can get around that limitation.
At 02:53 PM 6/14/2013, Jean marais wrote:
How about splitting the zone
into 2 zones seperated with an IRTransparent wall. I believe the energy
transfered by the IRTransparent wall is treated the same as diffuse
Remember to set the convection coeff. to very small so that it does not
participate in convection to the zone.
Niraj Poudel, Architectural Engineer.
PhD student, PDBE Program.
Clemson University, Clemson, SC.
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx
The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
The group web site is:
Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection. Limit attachments to small files.
EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable. Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.